Monday, September 5, 2011

Some Labor Day

An Ode to Four Day Work Weeks or How We Should Always have Three Days off.

I lurve 3 days weekends, but I have to remind myself to actually 'use' themSince yesterday, was Shopping-polooza, one would think we'd have not much to do on this day celebrating Labor. One would be wrong.

So, I made an agreement with myself. Get up. Go Run. Chores until noon. And then nothing. I made a date with my hammock, the sunshine, and a trashy vampire novel from the library.

If I don't schedule these things, and force myself off the to-do list hamster wheel, I'd run around all day, then be completely disgruntled when 8pm rolled around and I realized I'd squandered my free day off. Yup, squandered it getting stuff done.

Before noon today, we...
Cleaned the downstair fridge
Washed the walls in the stair well
Did a variety of miscellaneous tasks in the garden
Made notes for next years garden plan and talked about what we want to get done before fall is officially upon us
Hung a new shelf in the bathroom
Clipped dog nails
Processed 2 loads of laundry
and drank too much coffee.

Not to shabby. Definitely enough, so I felt quite justified in my planned laziness.

Even now, as I write I am accompanied by a glass of $3.99 Malbec (which is pretty darn good I must say) and a chocolate bar. I do this as the smell of my happy cow beef roast on the bbq wafts in the back door . Because some days dessert before dinner really is ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment