Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Money Saving Monday, late-ish.

Its not that I haven't been observing Money Saving Monday. I just haven't been writing about it.

This last week involved the installation and first use of our fancy indoor clothes line. One good thing about having a big house is ample room to use this thing inside during the rainy season (9 months out of the year).

The dryer will still have to be used for pet bedding, in order to rid it of as much hair as possible. Our clothes are now exclusively being hung though. This should save us several dryer runs a week, and extend the life of our clothing. The experiment seems to be largely a success. We need to be careful about our towel usage. Towels definitely take the longest to dry, so I would prefer to only have a few to do a week.

In other doings, we cooked a huge pot of vegetarian chili and homemade cornbread. This garnered us at least 6 extremely cheap meals, with extra cornbread being frozen for later stuffing use.

Did I mention my quest for Roomba repair was a success? I got iRobot to send me a battery (a $50-$80 value), just one in a slew of replacement parts for that thing. The Roomba is now back in action, with no money spent. Although what a time suck that thing has been!

I've got more folks. It just didn't officially happen on Monday, so I will save it for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment