Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Spending

Not sure if this will become a normal feature here or not. Since we are playing things so close this month (despite the receipt of a nice little bonus), I want to review the bidding thus far.

With grocery shopping 98% done, we have spent $89.
Spent $58 at Whole Foods and $31 on meat at the Farmers Market.
Only things left to get are a couple grapefruit and 1 more veg. We should be able to get those things for well under the remaining $11 in the budget. That will leave dinner plan and work lunch supply complete for the week.
Next week: Need some basics from Costco. Must go with a list.

The other big categories:
Pets - $63 for the week. $143 for the month so far.
Next Week: We should be able to get by without a bag of dog food this week. They only thing we may need is canned cat food. Still on track to have the lowest pet spending month on record *knock on wood*.

Dining - $3 for a Starbucks Hot Cocoa. I found myself starving a couple days this week, with a very inadequately packed lunch. Thursday is a big freight day for us. With my overactive metabolism these days, I needed to polish off my packed food by 11am. At 1pm, I desperately needed the 10oz of fat-free milk and chocolate to get me through the rest of the day. I did bring me own cup to save $.10 and the environment. So there.
Next Week: We have 2 meals out planned for next week. Friday night will be a much coveted Jimmy Johns meal $15. Sunday we will be taking one of the dogs to the burger joint for lunch probably $20, but really important for reasons I'd rather not discuss just yet.

Entertainment - $0. I really hope we can go see avatar this month. Currently looking into some options to make it slightly cheaper.

Overall, we are totally inline with the budget for the month. Must keep momentum going. Its only the 10th but we are off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment