Friday, January 15, 2010

Re-Gifting

A small budget crisis has arisen. I have a couple friends with birthdays this month, which I completely failed to account for in this months budget. I have a birthday spreadsheet. I am supposed to go review it as I am putting together the numbers for the upcoming month. Well, I didn't. It's not like these friends require extravagant gifts. More like token $10-$20 items. But, still. This month is not a good one to be nickel and dimed in. There's a party for one of the friends tonight. Its crunch time!

I have been wracking my brain on what to do that will cost me the least, and still be an adequate, well thought out present. I was going to go with a small amount gift card to the new local donut place, which I know said friend has yet to try. Honestly, I have been dreading the $10 that requires me to spend. That's no way to feel about a gift!

So Instead, last night I scoured the house (and my brain) and actually came up with good 'stuff'. This friend happens to own a used book store/coffee shop and is always struggling to get her hands on quality used books. I purged my shelf and came up with a decent little pile to gift her. She can sell 'em, read 'em, or both. Accompany that with a set of cutesy key tabs (the organizational ones) I got for X-mas, and a card from my stash. Viola! Birthday gift! Costing me absolutely zero and actually purging my house of things I do not need!

I have another friend with a Birthday Party next week. Hopefully, I can make lightening strike twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment